Why a Cohort?
Leadership is essential. Maybe you've shied away from leadership because you don't know what it will involve, or you feel too unsure of your own abilities. But your leadership is needed! In every sector of society, from families to businesses to churches, leadership roles remain empty, waiting for people willing and able to step up and make wise decisions that bring positive change. And, in a world with priorities vastly different from Christ's, Christian leaders are especially needed to point people to him. Preparation is essential. As essential as the leadership itself is the preparation beforehand, which is why we are launching the 12 week Leadership Cohort for men at RCC.
The Goals of the cohort
The goal this cohort is to develop within the men who attend:
- The Necessary Character of a Leader
- The Necessary Postures of a Leader
- The Necessary Vision of a Leader
- The Necessary Skills of a Leader
The Cost of the Cohort
The coast of the cohort is two-fold:
- $25 which covers resources and coffee supplies. (bring to our first cohort meeting)
- Time. Our time is more valuable than most things in our lives. This cohort will require dedication and commitment. But, in the end it will be worth it.
The Assumptions of the Cohort
- First, it assumes you are attending corporate worship on Sunday and are actively engaging with the service. What is covered in the sermons and during the service will be assumed for this training. Partaking of the Lord’s Supper is a gift Jesus offers you that is essential to your growth as a follower of Jesus.
- Second, it assumes you are actively involved with Christian community. The Christian life was not meant to be lived in isolation. Therefore, involvement with other Christians is essential to your becoming more like Jesus.
- Third, it assumes you are diligently engaged with and practicing spiritual formation. In addition to the Christ-like character that flows from these means, things like knowledge of the Scriptures or application of the Scriptures to life and ministry can only come from regular, personal interaction with God’s word.
Dates and Time
- The cohort will meet from 5:30 am to 7:15 am. (we will begin and end promptly in order to respect and steward your time well)
- The cohort will meet on the following dates (12 weeks total).
- March 8
- March 15
- March 22
- March 29
- April 12
- April 19
- May 3
- May 10
- May 17
- May 24
- May 31
- June 14
Interested in signing up for the cohort? Fill out the following form and we will be in contact with you.